Kiehl's NYC | Thoughtfulness Is Forever.


Exactly 3-weeks ago, I roamed the meatpacking district on my day off.  It was a sweltering HOT and HUMID day. I came across Kiehl's, which is on 14th street toward 10th ave. I've always heard wonderful things about this skincare brand and for the last 3 years, I had never visited any of the stores, though it had been on my list of to-do's. I entered the store with excitement, partly because I was a sweaty mess and the A/C in the store was cranking.  Inside the store, the atmosphere was electric, the decor and all.
I was approached by a super friendly staff member, a kind young lady named Devena and that is where my field trip took off.  Let me first say, I truly how appreciate great hospitality and customer service. I work in the service industry and have been apart of or witnessed experiences where a warm smile or kind interaction have changed the dynamic of someone's day or event forever. I believe deep down inside that kindness, thoughtfulness and a good attitude is the way. Moreover, this kind lady sat me down in a chair and began working on my skin to see which product(s) work best for my skin type. Her attention to detail was amazing. Sadly, my field trip was coming to an end and as I was finishing up at the register, I made it a point to tell her and every staff member in sight, that I appreciate them and the way they treat their customers.
This morning as I arrived in my building, I expected a ton of mail as I had been away, but what I found really made my day even brighter.  It was a personalized Thank You card from her and staff. Naturally, I picked up my phone and called the store and expressed how delighted I was for the thought and gesture. She said "Your positive energy made our day even brighter and your phone call made my day!" It's safe to say that I'm a fan forever, thanks to Kiehl's recognizing great people, which is vital in the quest to building upon a great brand.
All we have on this earth are each other. We share this worldly space together. Our energy toward each other is paramount, as well as our attitudes and the way in which we treat each other. Thoughtfulness goes a very long way. There are kind people out there that do great deeds that we never hear of, but God/Universe is ALWAYS working in their favor, which is why great people are content. There's an undeniable energy that manifests within by just THINKING POSITIVELY and by being THOUGHTFUL.
Be of service to someone today, express gratitude, uplift someone, give someone a hug, share an encouraging word, look someone in the eye and tell them you appreciate them. We are all customers in this world, being served by what the world designs.
Peace, Love & Blessings,
SM

Comments