REJECTION

In life, we all experience our bouts of rejection or the feeling of not being wanted. I have tried to research remedies, though not in depth, of how to properly cope with it, but I have learned that there isn't any set way to do so. Everyone is different and has a different make-up or threshold for handling life's grueling and harsh reminders.

Rejection to me is just a word, a word that if you remove the power from it it becomes stale. I didn't always feel this way about rejection, especially in the business that I'm in, but I believe that you learn to deal with it, the more you realize that it is a part of life.

As I was driving on the NJ Turnpike Tuesday night, I began to think of all the New Years resolutions I had crafted, molded, stored and refined in the back of my mind. I thought aloud and wondered to myself "how much better off could we be as people if we remove ourselves from worrying about things we cannot control?" We would have far less doctors visits, we would be less argumentative, less volatile, happier beings and more importantly, we would learn to just live in the moment. Quite simply, rejection is just a way to remind us that we are not entitled to anything in our lives.

So instead of feeling 'blue' or disconnected from life momentarily because of rejection, remember to say to yourself "I expect greatness from myself and I won't achieve it if I allow negative forces to pull me down".


Be well.

Yours Truly,
SM

Comments