Live In The Moment: Value It


Such simple and wonderful words, yet so profound and true... However, I'm going to play with his phrase and add my twist, which is: Don't take people or any moment(s) for granted. Often times, we find ourselves placed in a picture perfect moment, but fail to fully live in the moment, in the narrative because we're too locked into ourselves. What I mean is, we're thinking about things that don't pertain to being present in that given moment (Thoughts ranging from, i.e: rent, what does this person want?, my car illegally parked, Did that guy/girl respond to my text? When is work over,  etc).

We're human and there are times when you're tired, don't feel like entertaining conversation, returning a text or email or phone call is strenuous and social media is the elixir, your fuse is short due to lack of sleep and so forth. I get it, but it's not an excuse. In my mind, the algebraic formula of (the more selfless we are + the more present we are), nets pretty astounding results! The results aren't always tangible, they aren't always electric and exciting for the watchful eye, but more importantly, the results percolate within in ways that are priceless, therapeutic and even life-changing.

Moreover, Be mindful, value the moment even before it becomes a memory...when it does, replay it and enjoy the memory lane with a smile :).

Best,
SM

Comments