Laugh, Think, Cry

During intermissions of the year, I somehow find myself revisiting Jimmy Valvano's speech at the ESPY's. Inspiration I feel is truly an easy thing to capture because it is always around us, (life is inspiration) but we fail to consume ourselves in it.

There are times when my well of inspiration goes empty and I find it mandatory to re-fuel myself either by reading good books, including THE Good Book, a great film, foreign documentary or in this case a speech.. a special speech.

I constantly remind myself and others that life is short, it truly is. As Jimmy Valvano would say:

"There are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."



Live a full day,

Peace.

Comments