Life Is A Championship Title Fight

Today was one of those long drawn out days, where every minute and hour was spent placing too much thought over what I had no control over. Have you ever had an opportunity of a lifetime? Chances are you have had one or were on the brink of one, but what makes us place an opportunity (of a lifetime) in that high of a regard? I believe it is the constant energy we feed our psyche into believing "hey, this is the one, this is it". No matter how prepared we are for the moment, we have to remind ourselves that there are powers that be that decide our fate. In some cases we self-sabotage ourselves, which lead to our demise, but in this instance self-sabotage doesn't apply.

As the day continued, I began to toy around with different theories and analogies about life and I perceive life to be that of a championship title fight. Often times we are faced with obstacles that seem insurmountable and at times will thrust us against the ropes. These obstacles can come in waves, so much so that we're down for an 8-count, but never are we down for good, because pride, perseverance and strength are our allies. Without getting too personal, I experienced such a thing today, in which I thought I had a great shot at a big opportunity that could have propelled my career to a degree, and I waited around, looking at my phone every minute checking e-mails, until I realized the inevitable.

I took some time to reflect, I meditated and read some scripture to help take me to a place of peace and peace I found. It is very easy to drive yourself into a state of extreme disappointment, but I urge you to do as I did and find peace from external and internal sources that remind you that no day is the same in life. So you must pick yourself up and don't let the sun go down with the baggage of yesterday or else tomorrow will be the day of sorrows.

Keep striving, pushing forward and even when you feel you're in the driver seat to that high profile corporate job you so crave for, or that interview of a lifetime, exercise caution, take a deep breath and say "it's not all about me, what must be must be".


Yours Truly,

Comments