Woe Is Me

During my time on this earth, I've come across individuals from different walks, paths of life. In fact, I could even go as far as saying that I've taken bits and pieces of each and every one of their attributes.. well that's if you build a relationship in which you cross paths often. The energy and aura of quite a few of these people are everything I am, which is radiant, vibrant, upbeat, introspective, thoughtful and compassionate. Then there were the few that wore the 'woe is me' wardrobe from head to toe.

I typically like to maneuver around such people, since they will ultimately corrupt your inner peace and vibe and infect you with their lack of positive energy. However, in certain cases, special cases I might add, I listen to what these types of people have to say because a) it's bad to generalize and b) there just might be some smoke to that fire of theirs. What I've come across in learning and listening to such 'woe is me' people is that they've been victimized, not given a fair chance, they've been promised things and have been disappointed numerous times, and the list goes on and on.

In fact, I came across an individual yesterday on the train after one of my appointments, that almost infected me with their 'woe is me' rhetoric because as a driven human being, I (we) work so hard to place ourselves in a position of comfort, peace, sustainable living and a solid future, but in a profession such as the Arts (for example), you feel as though you're working so hard at achieving the insurmountable. What you've sketched on pieces of papers for years, decades, regarding your goals are afterthoughts and have collected dust because your ray of hope has depreciated overtime..

That's where faith comes in. No matter your profession, lack of means, lack of connections (which is everything now or more than ever), you must continue to keep your star shining from within. You know where you want to be, thus you should create your own road map and NOT follow everyone else's GPS. Stick to your course, be friendly, respectful, courteous to everyone along the way and stick to your morals and values. In a world where many will comprise who they are and what they believe in to obtain a promotion, a larger title, status or their dream role, you must realize that those folks might very well get chosen over you, even if you embody everything that would suggest you're the perfect individual... But GOD is there, your family is there and your ability to work (God willing) is there, so consume yourself in it and don't get caught in calendar watching and phone watching in anticipation of receiving the break of your life. Create your KARMA now.


May peace be unto you all.

Yours Truly,
Samuel Muriithi

Comments