Don't Stop Short by Joel Osteen

“And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]”
(2 Corinthians 9:8, AMP)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Too often, it’s easy for people to get satisfied in life and think, “Well, I’m blessed. I’ve got a roof over my head. I’ve got money to pay my bills.” And that’s good. But that’s not God’s best. God is a God of abundance. He wants you to not only have enough for your own needs, but He wants you to have so much left over that you can be a blessing to somebody else. We need to go beyond thinking, “I’m blessed because I’ve got food on the table.” Let’s be grateful for what we have, but we can’t stop there. We need to stretch our faith for others as well. When you have enough to meet the needs of others, that’s when you’re walking in the fullness of His blessing.

Today I encourage you to ask God to show you ways that you can be a blessing to someone else. Put actions behind your faith even if you start with something small. Don’t stop short of the fullness of His blessing. Reach out and help others and watch God increase you in every area of your life!

Comments