As The Night Flashes By

Today was one of those interesting days... or weeks I should say. Things have been happening at such a fast clip, that I've had to at various times take a deep breath and live in the moment. Tonight, as I was working, I had one of those take a moment and let things sink in. Maybe it's the opportunity I have on Monday in which I'm running my lines in my head, and every emotion you can think of is sweeping me off my feet, and removing me from the present moment.

As an Actor, we're always taught (at least by our good, nurturing instructors) that you must take things moment to moment. Don't jump ahead, but instead consume yourself with what's happening at that present time. It's now a little past 1AM and I'm living in a moment that has yet to come, and the night is just flashing by as I try to reel in the bait which will eventually put me to sleep.

The one thing I do know is dreams are precious. Even if you're living in a moment that has yet to come or daydreaming for that matter, you're indirectly placing yourself where your mind envisions and if it's the stars.... then that is where you'll dwell.

Think positive and dream often,

~S

Comments