What do you do when your work ethic doesn't equate to results?

That's the key question, but the answer is far more elementary than learning how to tie your shoes. As I reflect on how far I've come in life, the numerous times I've failed, the countless times I've been told "NO" and well, times where I wasn't good enough, I inside shed a tear. However, lets not confuse this with some emotional discharge of any sort, but more so as a sign of joy. I've been down many roads, but the one thing I can always say despite any outcome is that I gave it all I had (as I'm inclined to) and that I've continued forward with a work ethic my ancestors and grandparents from Kenya instilled in me, when I was a little young kid.

As an Actor and everything in between, I know what it feels like this early into my career to not have things go the way I had envisioned. I'll just say that rejection can be painful, especially when you bleed with love of art and expression. Many of us in life can empathize with those who attempt to penetrate through similar life "stone walls", only to be knocked flat on the ground. But sometimes what we fail to visualize is the pathway that exists, where light at the end of the tunnel is plentiful and the souls on that side of the ledger are enlightening. Maybe that is the thought we all must keep in the back of our minds when facing life's ills.

Anyhow, I had asked earlier, what do you do when your work ethic doesn't equate to results? Well, You simply do what you've been doing and that is to give every opportunity you get your most passionate effort and even if you're not "it", you just keep on pushing forward because you won't be declined or denied forever. Life is a cycle..not so vicious as promoted.. but a fruitful one if you keep at it. So in other words... Keep at it!

Be well.

Comments