There Is A World Outside Of Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. CHERISH It!


I most sincerely believe that these sites will be the demise of many in terms of their own psychological makeup or might even stand in the way of professional ambitions. We live in this society now where many want to be a star and those sites I mentioned offer that platform in a sense. But that's not the only reason why many have a fetish or even an addiction to the sites mentioned. There are some out there that will agree wholeheartedly, because they too know of some people that have lost touch with reality.

Who in their right mind has enough time in the day to Tweet every single thing they are doing, CONSISTENTLY, on a daily basis? I don't care one bit if you're doing it from some tweet phone or what have you. That is only a justification mechanism of some sort, to allow yourself to feel as though you're not really in tune with it, because "you're too busy, while on the move". It's as if it places you in some upper echelon of twitter users, giving you this 24/7 pass because you use such a device. If anything, these sites allow many to sort of relive bouts where attention was scarce. A void in attention they somehow are trying to knit together.

Look, I use Facebook, Myspace and at one point for 1 month used Twitter, but very quickly escaped that trap. I give myself a limit of how many times I check in/log in to myspace and facebook a week. I just simply relish my time off the computer. I actually like being in the presence of people.. Not the alter ego of those behind a screen.

I think people should relish and cherish life for the beauty it has to offer. There are tons of great people out there that one can meet, learn from, establish connections with. There are many things you can do, such as writing, reading, traveling, etc. Communication is dying because people are no longer human. Relationships are dwindling because the privacy of being on such sites DAILY are exposed. You no longer see certain people in the same light anymore because of overexposure. A number of them post status messages so often, with no real message behind them, that you kind of wonder where their mind is. Is it the need to be Visible? Relevant? Heard? Boredom?

I know that I'm not going to make many friends with this blog, but I'm in a very comfortable space. I'm not in the friend collecting agency business. Making friends has never been an issue for me in any way. I do it in my sleep. However, TRUTH is TRUTH. All I ask is that you become more aware of what you're doing. Enjoy life. Don't be a puppet. Don't become a Robot. Dare to be different. ~Sincerely.

Peace.Love.Light

Comments