A SENATOR For Life



Two Words: PUBLIC SERVICE

This morning I was awoken by a text message that read "Sam! Did you know Ted passed away?!!!" So in my typical fashion, while still in a daze, decided to press the off button on my phone as hard as possible, UNTIL my senses crept in. After a while, I figured hey! let me turn on my phone, not knowing all along that the reason I shut it off earlier, greeted me as I turned it on. I was saddened and shocked as I scrolled through my texts and all I saw, in various wordage is that "Ted Kennedy passes". The confirmation of his death, began to hit me as I was chewing on a bagel watching CNN. We lost a good soul, an outgoing soul, a soul that cared deeply about others and the progression of a nation (on all levels), even though he might not have made a lot of friends along the way, while doing so. He made plenty of mistakes, he quite possibly rubbed many the wrong way, but no one could mistake this man as one who didn't have PASSION for what he believed in. Despite party allegiances, this was a man that commanded respect from all spectrums. My appreciation for such people goes deep, as I once cared less about politicians, until I received some chances to work behind the media scenes. You can call it maturity or the lack of being gullible, but I've learned not to believe all of what you hear, especially if it's spiteful, mainly because there are agendas out there that many must carry forward, whether positively or negatively. However, no matter what perspective you follow or what agenda you may adhere to, this was a man, that in his 25+ years as Senator DID IT FOR THE PEOPLE.

God Bless.

Comments