George Lopez


Maybe it's a case of not paying much attention or me not actually caring enough to notice things at a particular time. However, I've been flipping through channels at odd times of the night/morning, since that's the way in which my schedule operates. ODD. Anyhow, what I've come to realize is, no matter how much you like George Lopez as an Actor or how frequently you watch his shows, there is one undeniable thing that stands out. He looks out for his people. I will clearly define what I'm saying by prefacing the fact that "handouts" aren't anywhere near the vicinity of my train of thought. I watched a full segment of his show and even watched as the credits rolled. What I noticed is how his entire cast is comprised of Latino's, which I think is incredible.

I often watch Latino's being cast in Hollywood, TV/Film roles as Gangsters/Gang affiliated beings, which I find frightening in a sense. I'm of African decent, and realize that I see my own people as city "bootleggers", Cab Drivers or over the top spiritual beings in quite a few films. What I'm trying to say, in so many words sadly, is that what George is doing by giving back to his community by highlighting his own people on his show is remarkable.

Comments