NBA Free Agency

Just as the finals concluded, the 2nd season of the NBA begun. There are a lot of rumors spinning on the rumor mill and to be quite honest, some of which I find very intriguing. Now, I have a strong basketball background and I still remain in tune despite me retiring from the game in some respect. However, I am a big San Antonio fan. Yeah, I know what you're thinking right about now. But despite the phrases used in correlation to their play, such as 'Old man basketball", "Boring", etc they've made a few moves that will add some life to their lineup.

Rumor has it that San Antonio are courting Rasheed Wallace. That would be incredibly big.

Moving forward, I love what the Blazers are doing by courting Hedo. They already have phenomenal depth, but could use some more size and experience.

Detroit made a splash of their own by bringing in Ben Gordon and Charlie Villaneuva.

The Knicks, who could use quite a few players reportedly have a strong desire to bring in the aging, but solid veteran Jason Kidd. That would turn into quite a solid move.

I get a sense that more moves will be made here in the coming weeks, but since we are all for the most part hurting because of the economy, Owners have decidedly taken a more wait and see approach than years past.

Stay tuned...

Comments