Confessions Of A "Health Freak"



As far back as I can remember, I've always been a health freak in some fashion. When I was younger, it was by default, as my mother shoved flint-stone vitamins in my mouth, making references to He-Man, Superman and The HULK, as if I would become like them if I took them. However, I wouldn't have done this "memory lane" time line any justice, if I forgot to mention the good ole' Basketball days, where several coaches of mine at different junctures encouraged and campaigned for us to consume MORE water, as if they were running for Chairman of The Water Board.

My health practices have endured their share of inconsistencies early on in life, until I put a halt to it and slowly began to practice sound habits. I no longer reach for the loaded pizza with every topping under the sun, I no longer reach for the Hamburgler (pun intended), The HUGE Chipotle Burrito and those oh so juicy Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and all the other endless treats that have you foaming at the mouth or salivating uncontrollably. I feel like I have to pop an Excedrin, for the amount of grief I inflict on my brain, as I restrain, while my conscious collaborates in shortening my arms in order to keep me from reaching for those number of snacks..

What I have now done is implement juicer items into my diet (as seen pictured above): Tomato Juice and Aloe Vera juice. Now some of you may be opposed to the taste of either or both, but you would garner immense health benefits if you began to steer yourself in the right direction, by doing as I did, and that is to slowly but surely become a "Health Freak".

Now signing off, until next time for Part Deux of "Confessions Of A Health Freak"

God Bless,

Mwangi

Comments

Samuel M said…
Haha, thanks so much. I'm actually adding as I go along lol. Stay tuned for more..