Now This Is Some EXCLUSIVE History...

(Photo Courtesy Of Oja-Services)
(Photo Courtesy Of Oja-Services)
(Photo Courtesy Of Oja-Services)(Photo Courtesy Of Oja-Services)

Call me weird, nerdy or corny for my vast interest in history some may deem as forgotten, stale or even "past it's prime", but I couldn't pass up this opportunity of being one of the first or the first to shed light on this great location. An uncle of mine in Kenya, one of my favorite people by the way, tiped me off to some very interesting history in regards to the 2nd Queen of England. Now, before you start sucking your teeth or even rolling your eyes as if I hurled insults toward you, hear me out on this..

You see Kenya was colonized by the British way back when (not to good with dates), so that's the starter. There's a place here in Kenya called the Castle Forest Lodge in which this serves as the meat of the story. This is just not any ordinary castle, by any stretch of the imagination. You see, this castle was built in 1945 during the 2nd World War. It's located in a place in Kenya called Kirinyaga District at the slopes of Mt. Kenya..

While you're rubbing your hands together to hear more, here's where it get's even better ;). During the World War II, the 2nd Queen of England was secretly taken from England and sequestered in the Castle Forest Lodge in Kenya, from the year of roughly 1945 until things cooled down a bit.. Interesting stuff right? Right! Who would have thought that Kenya had such vast and pronounced history? I mean I did, but the question is, did you....?

Now, along these same lines there is a place in Kenya, legendary if I might add, called the Tree Tops Hotel. Now this isn't some random correlation, but a telling one. Let me first give you the backdrop of this place. Tree Tops is located in a placed called Nyeri town (Nyeri District). You want to know why it's so legendary right? O.K, well the very same Queen of England who I referenced in the story above, was crowned as Queen at Tree Tops Hotel in 1929, a time when the King of England who was the father of Queen died in England. She left tree tops already as the 2nd Queen of England.

Now, you can thank me now or thank me later, but If you decide to go to these now great tourist locations in Kenya, now is the time to drop a few bucks into my offering hat for ushering in such great insider info...Thanks! ;) haha.

Find more about this awesome place at:
Peace*Love&God Bless
One Love,
-Mwangi- ;)

Comments

Steerforth said…
Sorry, but your facts are wrong. Queen Elizabeth didn't visit Africa until 1947 and her first visit to Kenya was in 1952.

She was not crowned Queen until 1953 and the ceremony took place in London.