A Life Changing Experience

(Photo Taken By Mwangi; The Beautiful Ngong Hills Scenery, Kenya)


(Photo Taken By Mwangi; Masaai Bracelet, Leadership Club, and Masaai Scarf)

It's now been one full day since the conclusion of my documentary, and I feel rejuvenated. Not in the sense of when you complete a project or task centered around a deadline, but a sense of fulfillment. I've been on a "high", if you will, since I met and shot part of the documentary in a Ngong Hills, Kenya. It is a historical area, and one that I was very privileged to shoot in. Masaai from the Kiserian community were extremely humble and were excited and somewhat shocked that someone like me had an interest in them. I took part in their rituals, which included the Masaai dance, and I had a blast. We shot in and around their homes which is called a Manyatta, and I interviewed a Masaai and now very good friend of mine named Kintet. That is some of the footage you will see, as well as all the other goodies mentioned above.

After the day was over, much to my surprise, I was presented with a leadership club by John Masasi, the chairman of the community which is only given to senior or even well respected people. It was one of the most honorable and selfless gestures one could ever bestow upon someone, and it is a memory I will hold onto forever. Kintet, along with Mr. Masasi, also gave me the Masaai scarf, adorned with their design and customary colors and an awesome bracelet (pictured above).

When preparing to leave, I felt a bit of sadness, as I had built such a strong rapport with those people, and did not look forward in departing. However, as the old adage goes, all good things must come to an end. This day was truly one of the best I've EVER experienced, and I feel very fortunate to have captured some great footage, as well as, spending time with Kenya's very own heroes.

Stay tuned for more of this story....

Peace*Love&God Bless.
One Love,
-Mwangi- ;)

Comments